Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Funny Little Story


Also, by Anat:

Today we were in Panera Bread studying in this morning. Well, I always focus on these little stupid details in all our classes. Mike thinks I'm stupid for doing this, and he always rolls his eyes and tells me to move on, but he has yet to learn that I do this because they test on those details. Every class, and every time, the find the stupidest details. You just have to learn to jump through the hoops. All of them. No matter how stupid they are. If they want me to learn all these little "benign" blood disorders, I'll learn them.

Hey, if you want me in a monkey suit, playing a tambourine and dancing, I'll do it. Just give me my degree.

So Mike has yet to learn this, apparently. Although he keeps claiming he has. I think he's still learning. Anyway, today at Panera we were ordering. Our biochem professor, Dr. Kaplan, the head of the class came in. I smiled and nodded, and I thought Mike did the same. I guess he hadn't seen him.

Dr. Kaplan kept right by standing directly behind us, while adding to his coffee while we waited for food. Mike turned to me, so I was facing him and Dr. Kaplan and said, "Have you ever heard of this Fletcher Factor? I had no idea what that was!".

I thought he was being weird, and somehow trying to hint to our professor that he was a jerk for putting in such an obscure disease.

Oh, gotta go do real work now. Ask Mike to finish the story.

1 comment:

  1. I think Mike should blog about the bunny. I'm just throwin' it out there.

    ReplyDelete